…with milk identified as being of quality and origin or the farms of which are engaged in specific segmentation approaches
At Sodiaal, these types of milk represent 22% of our collection
Our three companies serving PDOs
Grass-fed milk : SPECIFICATIONS
- Access to meadows less than 1 km from the milking parlour
- Minimum annual surface area of 12 ares (120 d)/cow
- Minimum 0.1 ares/DC/day
- Minimum 120 days of grazing (one day represents at least 6 hours)
- Extranet declaration before 1 March for the year
- Daily maintenance of a pasture log (number of cows/entry and exit hours/eligible plot No.)
This has many benefits: high-quality food, animal welfare, carbon sequestration.
At Sodiaal, our ‘grass-fed milk’ specifications guarantee a minimum of 150 days of pasture for milk from ‘grass-fed milk’ collection rounds.